Shoulder pain can be a frustrating and debilitating condition. If you are looking for shoulder pain relief in Hillsboro, visit Dr. Bodtker at Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine. We will perform a comprehensive exam to determine what is causing the pain and create a personalized treatment plan.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be caused by several conditions. Some of the most common shoulder pain causes include the following:
- Tendinitis: This is an inflammation of the tendons. The condition can be caused by overuse, stress, or an injury to the shoulder.
- Rotator cuff tear: This is an injury to the tendons in the rotator cuff. The condition can be caused by trauma, such as falling on your arm, repetitive motions, such as throwing a ball, or being in a car accident.
- Bursitis: This is an inflammation of the bursae. The condition is often a result of a shoulder injury or overuse, and can also be caused by obesity in certain cases.
- Frozen shoulder: This condition causes pain, stiffness, and difficulty moving the shoulder.
- Arthritis: This is an inflammation of the joints, including those in the shoulder.
- A pinched nerve in the shoulder: Symptoms of a pinched nerve in the shoulder include pain, weakness, and numbness.
- Bone spurs: These are spurs of bone that can develop along the shoulder joint. They can cause pain and discomfort.
- Labral tears: This is tearing of the labrum, a cushion that provides support and stability to the shoulder.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Some people don't realize it, but chiropractic care is great for relieving pain in the shoulder. A chiropractor can perform many different procedures to help you find relief, including:
- Chiropractic manipulation: This is a chiropractic adjustment performed on the shoulder. The procedure can be performed standing up, sitting down, or lying on your side.
- Mobilization: This is a chiropractic technique that uses low force to move the joint into different positions.
- Massage therapy: This is performed by a chiropractor to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Acupuncture: This technique involves using needles inserted in the body at specific points.
- Ultrasound: This is a non-invasive procedure that uses sound waves to reduce pain and inflammation.
Visit Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine in Hillsboro, OR
Shoulder pain can be caused by several different conditions. If you are looking for natural shoulder pain relief, that does not rely on pain medication or surgery, contact Dr. Bodtker at Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine to schedule a consultation. Call our team today at (503) 924-1777 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.