Auto Accident Treatment in West Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro
Auto accidents are among the most traumatic experiences a person can go through in life. There are physical injuries as well as emotional trauma resulting from the event. If you have been in a recent car accident, you should be seen for a complete evaluation. Injuries can occur at speeds of six miles per hour! A low-speed collision may not cause excessive damage to your vehicle, but the injuries sustained by your body do not always correlate. Neglecting the effects of car crashes can result in long-lasting pain, dysfunction, and decreased enjoyment of life’s normal daily activities.
Under Oregon Personal Injury Protection (PIP) laws you are entitled to a minimum of $15,000 and up to one year of treatment including: chiropractic, massage, acupuncture and physical therapy. The insurance covers anyone involved in the accident—the driver, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians. There is no co-pay and no prescription from a doctor is needed. Oregon is a “no fault” state, meaning you are covered even if the accident was your fault.
There are just a few simple steps to opening a medical claim so you may receive the treatment needed:
1. Call your insurance company! You will be assigned a “claims adjuster” for your case. That person will help you open your medical claim to allow you to seek treatment for your injuries.
2. We will need the following information to be able to bill your PIP insurance: A) your car insurance company name, B) name of your claims adjuster and phone number, C) medical claim number which you will receive from your adjuster.
3. If you need an attorney or if you need a consultation with an attorney, we have a network of personal injury attorneys that we can refer you to for legal advice.
4. If you are coming into our clinic for evaluation and treatment, please complete the Online Forms in the New Patient tab at the top of the page. An additional Auto Accident Questionnaire will be completed upon arrival.
Getting prompt treatment after auto accident will promote recovery and prevent soft tissue damage from worsening. Treatments are designed to:
- alleviate your pain
- maximize your body’s healing power
- relieve your stress and allow your body to relax as you recover
- address spinal and extremity joint injuries and issues created as a result of the accident
- improve neurological function, blood circulation, soft tissue function, and promote healing and rehabilitation of injured regions
- promote tissue regeneration and reduce scar tissue formation
- decrease recovery time