Massage therapy is a part of holistic medicine. Doctors often integrate it with chiropractic treatments. Massage therapy involves manipulating the muscles and other body tissues to reduce tension, pain, and soreness in the body. Massage therapy is used to facilitate quicker recovery for injuries and other benefits. Our chiropractor at Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine provides massage therapy services and chiropractic care to patients in Hillsboro that are suffering from chronic pain.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Stress reduction
- Reduces chronic pain
- Eases muscular tension
- Boosts immune function
- Improves posture
- Improves sleeping habits
- Enhances blood and oxygen circulation
- Supports the natural healing process
Types of Massage Therapy
- Swedish massage: This is a traditional type of massage that originated in Sweden. It involves gliding strokes, vibrating movements, kneading, and tapping. It mainly targets the musculoskeletal and nervous systems and aims to boost blood and oxygen circulation to promote overall body health.
- Sports massage: This involves muscle manipulation to ease the pain and tension in patients that engage in intense physical activities. It is aimed at fixing the imbalances in the soft tissues that are caused by repetitive stress and trauma due to vigorous physical activities. It accelerates healing and improves performance.
- Deep-tissue massage: This is similar to Swedish massage. However, it is more intense as it aims at releasing chronic muscle tension and healing chronic conditions.
- Oncology Massage: This involves gentle kneading and stroking to release muscle strain, increase circulation, and improve sleeping habits. It helps in reducing daily anxiety and stress. It is also highly recommended for cancer patients.
- Trigger Point Massage: It focuses on releasing the tight knots that are found in the muscles.
Massage Therapy Complements Our Chiropractic Care
Massage therapy can be combined with chiropractic care for the best results. Massage therapy involves applying different forms of pressure on the muscles through kneading, stroking, friction, tapping, and compression. Your massage therapy session may include the use of powders, lotions, or oil to reduce friction during the procedure. When combined with chiropractic adjustments and manipulation, the integrative process provides the recipient with abundant therapeutic benefits and a sense of overall relaxation and well-being.
Contact Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine in Hillsboro for Pain Relief
Massage therapy can be a valuable addition to your health regimen. If you are experiencing chronic pain or another health condition, Dr. Bodtker at Symtrio Chiropractic & Sports Medicine will create a customized treatment plan that is designed to provide pain relief and support the recovery process. Call our team today at 503-924-1777 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.